ICA improves your logistics and supply chain by streamlining loading and unloading
Logistics and Supply Chain Solutions
ICA improves your logistics and supply chain by streamlining loading and unloading. Our comprehensive logistic solutions handle pallets and products from the production warehouse facility through to truck, trailer or container.
Our solutions are an essential component of an efficient and profitable supply chain management solution.
Whether it’s automated dock loading or unloading, in-truck floor track systems or dispensing with forklift or AGV’s, ICA has the expertise. Our knowledge allows us to better understand customer requirements as well as develop new or modified systems to meet specific handling challenges.
Our aim to is to understand our client’s requirements and respond to their specific needs. We work very closely with all our clients to achieve this. Our speciality is our capability to deliver a total turnkey solution.ICA Chief Operating Officer, Bruce Granger
Dock Loading and Unloading
A dock is utilised for the quick and efficient loading or unloading of product to or from the production warehouse facility through to truck, trailer or container. ICA’s materials handling solutions can load or unload trucks, trailers or containers automatically by using conveyors, rollers, skates, docks and drives. When the trailer is positioned at the dock, the entire load is loaded or unloaded automatically.
85% time saving in pallet loading
The speed of ICA’s dock loading and unloading systems means that trucks are not idling for between 20-40 minutes at each end.
ICA’s solutions can be directly linked to production lines and can also be integrated with AGV’s. By eliminating forklift loading, trucks can be loaded with little effort and increased efficiency in less than 4 minutes.
- Associated with profiled floors in trailers and containers.
- Removes the need for equipment associated with the logistics (trailer/container) component.
- Can be configured with both chain and slat arrangements for association with delivery/receivable conveyors.
- Generally, associate with a hydraulically activated levelling unit.
- The skate is essentially a finger which is extended/retracted into/out of a container/trailer and has airbags to raise or lower for integration within a profiled floor.
- Associated with product that requires additional support and is orientated to suit the use of rollers.
- Can be configured to work with chain arrangements for loading/unloading requirements (drag chain and roller arrangement).
- Can work with both roller floor trailer systems as well as chain floor trailer systems, depending on the product.
- Generally associated with a fixed trailer registration ramp.
- Roller size and pitch is dependent on load requirements.
- Employed in conjunction with skate systems within the paper industry.
- Generally associated with a hydraulically activated levelling unit.
- Slats allow for the increased support of product for conveying product to other equipment.
- Can be configured with skate and roller arrangements for handling requirements.
- Chain size utilised is normally 1” duplex chain.
- Generally, comprises a pair of twin chain conveyors, but can be modified depending on requirements.
- Generally, associated with a fixed trailer registration ramp.
- Most common dock configuration.
- Single or dual drive configurations are employed.
ICA’s skilled in-house design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning teams provide an extensive range of Automated Dock Loading Systems.
Optimise human resources
Automated dock loading and unloading systems eliminate double handling of materials and therefore require less human intervention to run.
ICA’s solutions have a user-friendly operating system, and improve time management for operators and logistics, maximising operator efficiency. This enables human resources to be redeployed into higher value work.
Eliminate the expense of running a forklift
Forklift fleets are expensive to purchase and the ongoing maintenance and operation costs are significant. The fleet depreciates in value and ultimately has to be replaced with very little resale value.
As an alternative, investment in capital infrastructure that replaces the need for a fleet of forklifts requires less maintenance and costs significantly less to operate. It also has a considerably longer lifespan than a forklift fleet and return on investment will be greater.
Forklifts are dangerous, and by eliminating the need for a fleet of forklifts increases workplace safety exponentially. No forklifts = No accidents.
No demurrage charges
Demurrage charges are incurred when warehouse operators overstay the length of time allocated by a supplier to unload a container delivery.
The high frequency of warehouse deliveries in today’s fast paced global economy mean that ongoing demurrage charges are significant.
ICA’s solutions ensure that trucks are back on the road in a timely fashion, improving operational efficiency, and reducing the total number required in the fleet.
ICA solutions extend to a complete turnkey product or can simply complement your current logistics and supply chain.ICA Chief Operating Officer, Bruce Granger
ICA’s Truck and Trailer solutions operate with automated dock or stand alone systems
Truck and Trailer Systems
ICA manufacture trailer systems which operate with automated dock systems or as a stand alone system, we design to optimise time and performance.
Existing trucks and trailers require minimal alterations for operation with powered dock loading and unloading systems.
Fixed Chain Trailer Floors
Chain dock arrangement for the quick loading/unloading of product (pallets) to/from the trailer.
- Chain size is normally ¾” or 1” duplex. Depending on load requirements chain sizes can be varied to suit client needs.
- Cut out switches associated with bulkheads for increased lifetime of chain floor systems.
- Usually comprises of a pair of twin chain conveyors with individual drives, depending on load and handling requirements additional support/carry chains can be fitted.
- Chain is always above floor level and engaged with the pallets.
- Conveyors powered from associated docks.
- Fast, safe and economical cargo handling.
- Pendant control of the floor from either the trailer or controlled from the dock.
- Selective loading and unloading by one operator.
- Used for shorter haul trailers and where load stability is not of issue.
Air Lift Chain Trailer Floor
- Airbag operation undertaken manually.
- Air taken from the trailer.
- Chain recesses under floor level when airbags deflate, and protrudes above floor level when conveying product.
- Conveyors powered from the associated docks.
- Independent control of the floor from either the trailer or controlled from the dock.
- Used for long haul trailers or where product stability is an issue.
Trailer Registration and Levelling Systems
- Hydraulic levelling units achieve an accurate positioning of the trailer to the dock.
- Hydraulic levelling units are generally employed for skate dock systems, where numerous trailers with variable heights are employed.
- The mechanism engages to a rigid underrun bar assembly fitted to the trailer.
- The hydraulic levelling mechanism aligns the floor of the trailer to the dock in both vertical and horizontal planes using sensors and reflectors.
Air Lift Roller Trailer Floor
Manual movement of loaded pallets and air cargo ULD’s air lift roller conveyor roller tracks can be recessed into the floor of trucks and trailers. Loading and unloading pallets, still ages and air cargo pods is made easy. The rollers can be reused during loading and unloading, with the cargo manually rolled down the length of the deck.
Load security whilst travelling is enhanced as the rollers retract with the cargo then resting on the deck. The air system utilises the trucks air braking system with safety valves and a separate receiver to provide multiple lifts even when the engine is shut down.
ICA is the agent for Joloda in Australia.
ICA is the agent for Joloda in Australia. Powered and manual systems for container, truck and van loading Joloda International has over fifty years experience and is the market leader in designing and manufacturing truck loading systems throughout the UK, Europe and America.
Joloda truck loading equipment ensures your cargo is safe and secure. It saves you money by reducing product damage and speeding up the loading process.
Joloda Skate and Track System
Manual truck or van loading/unloading system that handles pallets, slip sheets, drums, newsprint rolls, heavy and large machinery.
This system consists of manual operated rolling skates that run in special sunken tracks and are elevated to lift the load and roll in or out of the truck or van.
- 33% faster than conventional manual loading.
- Maximum space utilisation and no product damage.
- Minimum maintenance – self-cleaning system.
- 250,000 systems operating in over 30 countries worldwide for 50 years.
Hydraroll Powered Cargo System
When used in combination with Hydraroll Pneumatic Roller Track, Hydraroll Powered Cargo Rollers provide a safe and efficient means of loading and unloading airfreight containers into and out of trucks and semi-trailers. Using the truck powered 24v electrically driven rollers, the airfreight containers are loaded at the press of a button.
- Cargo is automatically loaded and unloaded through rear of vehicle.
- Pendant control by one person – the safest way to load/unload airfreight pallets.
- System retracts below floor level providing load stability during transit.
- Easy to install into new or existing vehicles.
Hydraroll Pneumatic Rollertrack System
The Hydraroll roller bed system is the brand often used in airfreight transporters across UK, Europe and America.
- Loads and unloads air cargo pallets and ULD containers, up to 30 tonnes.
- Manual system requiring 20% less effort, compared to a standard roller system, to move fully loaded air cargo containers.
- Gives maximum space utilisation of truck body for ULD/air cargo pallets.
- Auto down safe system.
This system is a modular kit comprising four pre-assembled piped sections, fixed together, that sits on top of the trailer instead of into the floor.
- A self-assembly kit that can be installed by two people in six hours.
- Offers airfreight operators added options to buy, hire, contract or operate standard box trailers, curtainsiders or reefers, as an alternative to long lead time, high cost, bespoke-build units – or to respond to seasonal peaks or sudden demand.
- Safety – anti slip top surface.
Hydraroll Vanloda Roller Bed System
A pneumatically operated, rise and fall roller bed pallet transfer system in modular lengths for small vehicles. Portable and installed by a driver in five minutes without the use of any specialist tools, and no experience necessary.
The roller bed is powered by a 12v low current compressor, all internally fitted within the roller bed dimensions connected via the cigarette lighter socket of the transporter van. This makes it ideal as a van accessory for the city and urban delivery of palletised goods in the paper, print, or parcel industry, office equipment, food and drink markets.
Container Lifting System
Four electro-hydraulic lift legs attached to any 20ft, 40ft and 45ft standard or high cube ISO container.
- Allows for powered lifting of a container of 35 tons and for mounting and demounting the container on/off a trailer.
- Can be used in any location, including rough terrain by one operator.
- 20 minute container turnaround time.
- Allows stuffing of heavy and long goods at ground level – anywhere.
- Jacks clip on using 1 ton fork truck.
- Offloads containers in 15 minutes, ten container movements a day.
One Shot Container Loading/ Stuffing
The ‘One Shot’ container stuffing system enables you to stuff long heavy and wide loads into a container on the ground. By using a loading plinth you can load and restrain a pre-assembled load of up to 12 metres long and 30 tons into your container in 15 minutes.
Any loads up to 40ft long, can be self-loaded into the container. The portable steel track (3m long) is clipped together and laid parallel on the plinth and the container floor with 80mm (4”) wooden bearers to support the load.
A manual braking system is incorporated in the hydraulic skate lift mechanism allowing continuous operator control and instant braking.
- The container stuffing system is for loading and unloading containers that are still on the back of the trailer.
- The low profile system requires only a minimum clearance of 80mm under the load, utilising container space.
A manual braking system is incorporated in the hydraulic pump mechanism of the skate, allowing continuous operator control and instant braking.
Talk to us about individually engineered solutions for your business today.
ICA specialises in designing and fabricating materials handling equipment.
The ICA Catalogue showcases our range of turnkey systems
found in Australia’s biggest companies and multi-nationals across the globe.
+61 3 5440 5100