ICA improves your logistics and supply chain by streamlining loading and unloading. Whether it is automated dock loading, in-truck floor track systems or dispensing with forklift traffic, ICA has the expertise and experience. Using ICA’s skilled in-house manufacturing, testing and commissioning, an entire handling system can be fully integrated to provide a smooth and profitable logistics system.
ICA solutions extend to a complete turnkey product or can simply complement your current dock loading and unloading operations.
ICA has a long and diverse experience within the RORO docks and logistics area and have undertaken numerous projects covering a range of different products and requirements. Our knowledge allows us to better understand customer requirements as well as develop new or modified systems to meet specific handling challenges.
85% time saving in pallet loading
By eliminating forklift loading, trucks can be loaded in less than 3 minutes, rather than 20-40 minutes using a forklift. With a time for loading of less than three minutes for a 20-foot container, loading is effortless and efficient. Loading times for containers varies with the length of the container to be handled.
Eliminates the expense of running a forklift
Forklift fleets are expensive to purchase and the ongoing maintenance and operation costs are significant. The fleet depreciates in value and ultimately has to be replaced with very little resale value. As an alternative, investment in capital infrastructure that replaces the need for a fleet of forklifts requires less maintenance and costs significantly less to operate. It also has a considerably longer lifespan than a forklift fleet and return on investment will be greater.
Optimises human resources and reduces labour costs
Automated dock loading and unloading systems eliminate double handling of materials and therefore require less human intervention to run. ICA’s solutions have a user-friendly operating system, and improve time management for operators and logistics, maximising operator efficiency. This enables human resources to be redeployed into higher value work.
Reduces the number of trucks required in the fleet
The speed of ICA’s dock loading and unloading systems means that trucks are not idling for between 20-40 minutes at each end. This ensures trucks are back on the road in a timely fashion, reducing the total number required in the fleet and aiding operational efficiency.
No demurrage charges
Demurrage charges are incurred when warehouse operators overstay the length of time allocated by a supplier to unload a container delivery. The high frequency of warehouse deliveries in todays fast paced global economy mean that ongoing demurrage charges are significant.
Improves workplace safety
ICA’s solutions can be directly linked to production lines and can also be integrated with AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle). Forklifts are dangerous, and by eliminating the need for a fleet of forklifts increases workplace safety exponentially. No forklifts = No accidents.
Dock Loading & Unloading
A dock is utilised for the quick and efficient loading/unloading of product to and from trailer or container units.
Automated dock loading and unloading systems are materials handling solutions that load or unload trucks and trailers automatically by using different kinds of conveyors, rollers, skates, docks and drives. Automated dock loading and unloading usually requires two systems: a system in the trailer and a system inside the dock. When the trailer is positioned at the dock, the entire load is loaded or unloaded automatically.
These systems are an essential component of a smooth and profitable logistics system and can be integrated into warehouse management systems, automated guided vehicles and production lines.
ICA designs, manufactures and installs an extensive range of Automated Dock Loading Systems.
- Associated with profiled floors in trailers and containers.
- Removes the need for equipment associated with the logistics (trailer/container) component.
- Can be configured with both chain and slat arrangements for association with delivery/receivable conveyors.
- Generally, associate with a hydraulically activated levelling unit.
- The skate is essentially a finger which is extended/retracted into/out of a container/trailer and has airbags to raise or lower for integration within a profiled floor.
- Can be configured with skate and roller arrangements for handling requirements.
- Chain size utilised is normally 1” duplex chain.
- Generally, comprises a pair of twin chain conveyors, but can be modified depending on requirements.
- Generally, associated with a fixed trailer registration ramp.
- Most common dock configuration.
- Single or dual drive configurations are employed.
- Associated with product that requires additional support and is orientated to suit the use of rollers.
- Can be configured to work with chain arrangements for loading/unloading requirements (drag chain and roller arrangement).
- Can work with both roller floor trailer systems as well as chain floor trailer systems, depending on the product.
- Generally associated with a fixed trailer registration ramp.
- Roller size and pitch is dependent on load requirements.
- Employed in conjunction with skate systems within the paper industry.
- Generally associated with a hydraulically activated levelling unit.
- Slats allow for the increased support of product for conveying product to other equipment.
Industrial Conveying (Aust) Pty Ltd are a company of innovators who embrace the challenge from concept to completion to create the best possible system to meet a client’s needs.
Our automated pallet loading system for Coca-Cola eliminated forklift loading and enabled route trucks to be loaded in 3 minutes instead of 20 minutes – saving 85% of the time previously taken and reducing costs by more than a million dollars over 5 years. Our Air Guide system was installed in each truck to make it easy for drivers to unload at delivery points without the use of traditional pallet jacks.
Orora has been delivering pallets of glass bottles to Coopers Brewery (Coopers) for many years. Roll-on/roll-off (RORO) docks make this process fast and efficient at both ends of the operation. Industrial Conveying (Aust) Pty Ltd is the OEM for the RORO docks used by Orora and Coopers.
Coopers automated the removal of packaging on incoming pallets after installing a new bottling line. An automated system designed to cut the straps was unable to remove the stretch wrap that keeps the bottles secure in transit. To enable the new system to work efficiently, Coopers required that Orora deliver the pallets without the stretch wrap. Orora quickly discovered that its existing trailers were not engineered to deliver the pallets without the stretch wrap.
Initial attempts resulted in pallets – each containing 4400 glass bottles – collapsing in transit. The cost of clean-up, replacement, labour and lost revenue was significant. After purchasing new trailers, Orora discovered the loading docks needed to be modified to fit the trailer dimensions – the two rows of pallets had to be much closer together as they drove in. Without modifying the docks, the manual loading and unloading of the trailers added 40 minutes to each load, which is why the RORO docks were installed at each end in the first place.
Industrial Conveying (Aust) Pty Ltd sent a team of specialist engineers to South Australia to ascertain what modifications would be required on the docks. The requirements at each end varied significantly, resulting in the need for an innovative, customised approach. All testing and modifications were carried out efficiently, enabling the trucks to resume delivering loads.
Darren Boswell, Project Manager at Orora, said the decision to turn to ICA for a solution was an easy one.
“Knowing that ICA is an Australian company with a trusted network of local suppliers gave us the confidence that we could get this done with minimal fuss in a short time frame. ICA sent its team to South Australia on the weekends to avoid disrupting deliveries at Coopers. The process was faultless from concept to completion.”
ICA specialises in designing and fabricating materials handling equipment. Systems range from simple through to complex turnkey systems for Australian and Overseas companies. This affordable range of solutions is not only tough and reliable, it is applicable to almost any industry and positively impacts the user’s bottom line.
The reason customers chose ICA
Industrial Conveying (Aust) Pty Ltd are a company of innovators who embrace the challenge from concept to completion to create the best possible system to meet our client’s needs.
“Knowing that ICA is an Australian company with a trusted network of local suppliers gave us the confidence that we could get this done with minimal fuss in a short time frame. The process was faultless from concept to completion.”
Our Point of Difference
As a provider of turnkey solutions, ICA provides a complete in-house service including engineering, design, manufacture, supply, installation and electronic process control from concept through to commissioning. ICA has the expertise, capacity and financial strength to undertake any size project anywhere in the world. With a combined experience of more than 300 years in materials handling technology you can rely on the ICA team to successfully deliver your next project.
- Custom design and turnkey solutions.
- Micro projects to multi-site global installations.
- Industry specific expertise.
- In-house design, manufacture, testing and commissioning.
- Expert installers, custom training and ongoing site support.
- Formed in 1979, ICA is a privately owned company that employs approximately 200 personnel throughout Australia.
- A 39 year history of global engineering excellence, driven by a stable, skilled workforce.
- Our Head Office and manufacturing facilities are located in Bendigo, 160 kilometres north of Melbourne in Central Victoria.
- On our 15 hectares of land we have a total developed factory complex of over 10,000 square metres within three separate fabrication and assembly buildings.
- Design and sales support from our Melbourne office in Tullamarine
- Wholly Australian owned and operated.
ICA’s wealth of knowledge and experience benefits our clients, and is one reason we maintain longstanding relationships all over the world. ICA custom-built materials handling equipment can be found in Australia’s biggest companies and multi-nationals across the globe.
- Pacific – Australia, New Zealand, PNG, Fiji, Solomon Islands
- Asia – Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Uzbekistan
- Europe – Greece, Hungary, Germany, Poland
Our Reputation within the Industry
While we create one-off solutions, we never treat our customer relationships that way. ICA prides itself on building long standing, ongoing partnerships with our clients. ICA collaborate with the world’s best companies to develop our leading edge turnkey solutions. From automation to belting and electrics, we work with suppliers we know and trust, and choose the best components for our custom conveying projects.
Our ability to continue to add value to our clients’ plant efficiency and production is fundamental to our success, and our intimate knowledge of the specifics of materials handling in every client industry is the reason we enjoy satisfied clients and long term relationships.
Clients know the value in our innovative, cost effective and fit for purpose solutions.
Turnkey systems are the most cost-effective way of achieving the best system solution for materials handling. ICA specialises in delivering turnkey systems that are adaptable and versatile – enabling you to include and remove components as required.
As a provider of turnkey systems, we deliver a complete in-house service including engineering, design, manufacture, supply, installation and electronic process control from concept through to commissioning. We design modular systems to allow for upgrades and we are able to be involved on an ongoing basis to ensure your equipment is maintained to optimal efficiency.
Modular turnkey systems give you the advantage as the latest software, control and sensor technologies can be brought into play – and this is the key to providing market adaptability.
ICA specialises in designing and fabricating materials handling equipment. Systems range
from simple through to complex turnkey systems for Australian and Overseas companies.
This affordable range of solutions is not only tough and reliable, it is applicable to almost
any industry and positively impacts the user’s bottom line.
Talk to us about individually engineered solutions for your business today.