ICA are seeking a highly experienced Automation Controls Engineer with a solid background in logistics, materials handling and supply chain management.
This person innovatively turns client concepts into a design package, whilst focussing on budget considerations. Follows through with the implementation, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting at the client’s premises, and throughout the product lifecycle.
- Innovative design, development and deployment of electrical control systems and hardware components to agreed specification
- Development of system functional descriptions, including electrical and controls layout for fully automated robotic manufacturing systems
- Preparation of electrical schematic drawings, including motors, networking, safety, I/O, board layouts and PLC programs
- Manage the procurement of parts (detailed bill of materials), manufacture of cabinets, configuration of operator interfaces and the electrical installation
- Lead the commissioning of equipment and systems during FAT and SAT, including site travel, client engagement and troubleshooting
- Provide client training on operator interfaces and network during equipment installation
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and safety standards AS 4024.1-2014 Safety of Machinery
- Conformance to OHS&E standards in the design and execution of all work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Construction Induction Training
- 5+ years’ experience in an Electrical Controls Engineering role, preferably in logistics, materials handling and supply chain management
- Project experience during and/or post-degree
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with materials handling system controls
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley Control Logix / Siemens S7)
- HMI/SCADA Programming
- Configuration, programming and commissioning of variable speed drives, servo motors, barcode scanners, safety devices, and safety PLC’s.
- Design experience using AutoCAD.
- Team focus, displaying effective communication with colleagues to foster collaboration
- Organised & proactive self-starter with a creative / innovative problem-solving attitude
- Client focused with commercial awareness to ensure we deliver a great experience
- High degree of verbal and written communication skills
- Specialist knowledge in conveyor systems is desirable
- The ability to work under pressure.
Joining the ICA team has numerous benefits
You will be working with the best and leading companies worldwide. Located regionally we offer our employees a great lifestyle, with further training benefits in a family orientated work place.
- A stable skilled workforce.
- Wholly Australian owned and operated.
- Opportunity to work on client installations across the country.